Saturday, December 29, 2012

Oh, Goodness!

I'm so sorry guys! It's been so long since we've posted! I'm so sorry. I've been a bit busy, and if you follow us on Twitter, you would have seen (probably) that Olive isn't with us anymore. She's gone through a few things, and now she can't blog anymore. I'm still working with her on a way for her to still blog, but it's taking a while.

But never fear, for Costello is still here! I'm going to tide you guys over with a short story I wrote awhile back. Enjoy! Or not. You know. Whatever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It was a lonely, quiet, grey day when he came. I wasn’t expecting it at all. I had woken up in my normal way, gotten dressed and fed the turtle the same way as all the other days before. I guess what was special about today was that it was Christmas here in London.

I was alone in my flat this year. All of my family had gone to Prague, leaving me here because I couldn’t afford it. I had no significant other, and no friends or other family here. I had moved from Bath to London just after I finished high school and was about to start college.

I decided to go out for coffee. I don’t know what pushed me to do it, but something in the air told me that I would like a nice Christmas-y themed frothy drink from Starbucks.

As I was walking out of the coffee shop, I looked at the corner and saw a man in a brown suit leaning against a blue box. Our eyes caught, and I dropped my coffee. He winked and walked into the TARDIS, leaving it slightly open.

I had nothing to do today. So why not travel with a 900-year-old alien?

I ran towards the box, a huge smile on my face. I made it just in time to hear the TARDIS make its signature sounds.

It’s going to be a good day, I thought to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because who doesn't love a bit of Doctor Who, eh? I'm going to be working on a few posts the rest of this week, and most likely post them next week. Sorry for such a delay! Thanks for being patient!

-Costello

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!