Monday, June 10, 2013

Long Exposure

Hello there everybody. Olive here :)  I'm sorry I haven't posted recently, I shall make it up to you this week, I promise. I'll be posting everyday this week minus the weekend and Wednesday! Hopefully I will be able to do it successfully!

Lately it's been raining, which is disappointing because Saturday I was supposed to have a pool party, but it didn't work out. But my parents and my sister and I have started watching Downton Abby which is a very lovely show, I encourage you all to watch it.

Another thing I did last week, was take this image:

(black truck)

 I have no idea how I got this. You see, Thursday or Friday afternoon it was raining, and so my family (minus my mom) went outside (to wait for my mom) and enjoyed the rain. For those of you who don't know me, I've been trying to get pictures of rain since the moment I started photography (roughly three years ago). So far no success, but there are some pretty cool things you can take that involve RAINDROPS.

Like this image:

Now before I change subjects, let me go back to explaining my first image. It was taken due to this fancy title called: long exposure. You can do some really cool things with it. Like this:

yes i know this isn't that cool but  it's an example!
Yes, the swing is moving. Long exposure, basically captures moving things very quickly, and blurs them. At least I think that's what it's supposed to do...

Long-exposure photography or time-exposure photography involves using a long-duration shutter speed to sharply capture the stationary elements of images while blurring, smearing, or obscuring the moving elements. The paths of moving light sources become clearly visible.

There you are, a definition thanks to Wikipedia! Due to getting the very first image (yes I'm still talking about that) I tried to get a couple more by going inside and making my sister model for me. Unfortunately I failed because something funny happened to my camera and I freaked out. I guessed that it had something to do with the lighting, and so I took my sister and went outside to our neighborhood park/clearing. Once outside I realized that I had guessed correctly. I had Googled long exposure before I had left the house, so I had an idea as to why my camera freaked out on me.*


I managed to get a couple good images, thanks to Google, and my sister being a pro at doing what I say (at least when it comes to photography)!



Well that's it till tomorrow!
-Olive

*read more about long exposure here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!